CDCP - Certified Data Centre Professional
16 OCT 2017-17 OCT 2017 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (2 Days)
With few exceptions, enterprises today rely on IT for
the delivery of business-critical services - often directly to the end consumer.
It is therefore vital that the mission-critical data centre is designed,
maintained and operated with high-availability and efficiency in mind. However,
the fact is most data centres do not meet the full availability,capacity, safety
or efficiency requirements that are often demanded. The ever-changing
technologies put even more pressure on data centre managers along with the faster
pace at which these changes are required.
The CDCP® course is a two-day course designed to expose participants to the key components of the data centre. It will address how to setup and improve key aspects such as power,cooling, security, cabling, safety, etc, to ensure a high available data centre. It will also address key operations and maintenance aspects.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to
- Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data centre based on current and future needs
- Describe all components that are important for high availability in a data centre and how to effectively setup the data centre
- Name and apply the various industry standards
- Describe the various technologies for UPS, ‑re suppression,cooling, monitoring systems, cabling standards, etc, and to select and apply them effectively to cost efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data centre.
- Review the electrical distribution system to avoid costly downtime
- Enhance cooling capabilities and efficiency in the data centre by using existing and new techniques and technologies for the increased cooling requirements of the future
- Design highly reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure installers apply proper testing techniques
- Create effective maintenance contracts with equipment suppliers ensuring the best return on investment
- Setup effective data centre monitoring ensuring the right people get the right message
- Ensure proper security measures, both procedural and technical, are established to safeguard your company's valuable information in the data centre
The primary audience for this course is any IT, facilities or data centre professional who works in and around the data centre and who has the responsibility to achieve and improve the availability and manageability of the data centre.
There is no specific
prerequisite for the CDCP® course.However, participants who already have at
least one or two years’ experience in a data centre or facilities environment may
be best suited. Those with no experience just yet are most welcome to participate.