Enabling and Managing Office 365
20 AUG 2018-24 AUG 2018 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (5 Days)
This is a 5-day instructor-led training (ILT) course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying, and operating Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. This course focuses on skills required to set up an Office 365 tenant, including federation with existing user identities, and skills required to sustain an Office 365 tenant and its users.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan an Office 365 deployment, configure the Office 365 tenant, and plan a pilot deployment.
- Manage Office 365 users, groups, and licenses, and configure delegated administration.
- Plan and configure client connectivity to Office 365.
- Plan and configure directory synchronization between Azure AD and on-premises AD DS.
- Plan and implement the deployment of Office 365 ProPlus.
- Plan and manage Exchange Online recipients and permissions.
- Plan and configure Exchange Online services.
- Plan and implement the Skype for Business Online deployment.
- Plan and configure SharePoint Online.
- Plan and configure an Office 365 collaboration solution that includes Yammer Enterprise, OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 groups.
- Plan and configure the integration between Office 365 and Azure RMS, and configure compliance features in Office 365.
- Monitor and review Office 365 services, and troubleshoot Office 365 issues. • Plan and implement identity federation between on-premises AD DS and Azure AD
Module 1: Planning and provisioning Microsoft Office 365
Module 2: Managing Microsoft Office 365 users and groups
Module 3: Configuring client connectivity to Microsoft Office 365
Module 4: Planning and configuring directory synchronization
Module 5: Planning and deploying Office 2016 ProPlus
Module 6: Planning and managing Exchange Online recipients and permissions
Module 7: Planning and configuring Microsoft Exchange Online services
Module 8: Planning and deploying Skype for Business Online
Module 9: Planning and configuring SharePoint Online
Module 10: Planning and configuring a Office 365 collaboration solution
Module 11: Planning and configuring rights management and compliance
Module 12: Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365
Module 13: Planning and configuring identity federation
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with AD DS.A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell. Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later is beneficial but not required.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course will provide experienced IT professionals with the training that they need to plan, configure, and manage an Office 365 environment. Students who attend this course are expected to have a fairly broad understanding of several on-premises technologies such as Domain Name System (DNS) and AD DS, and a general understanding of Exchange Server, Microsoft Lync Server or Skype for Business Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
This course also is intended as preparation material for IT professionals who are looking to take the exams 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements and 70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services to obtain the MCSA: Office 365 certification.