20 APR 2020-24 APR 2020 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (5 Days)
In this course, students install, configure, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot servers, and learn information and skills that will be helpful on the job, and prepare for the CompTIA Server+ certification examination, 2009 objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine server fundamentals.
- Identify the hardware components of a server.
- Describe the features of server software.
- Examine the various types of storage systems used in servers.
- Install hardware components on a server.
- Configure servers.
- Examine the issues in upgrading server components.
- Identify some of the industry's best practices for deploying a server and the various strategies of securing, accessing, and remotely managing the server hardware.
- Troubleshoot servers.
- Describe disaster recovery concepts and techniques.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Servers
- Examine the Network Architecture
- Identify Common Server Types and Functions
Lesson 2: Exploring the Server Hardware
- Identify Server System Board Components
- Explore System Processing Core
- Explore Server Memory
- Examine Server Cooling and Power Systems
Lesson 3: Introduction to Server Software
- Describe Server Software
- NOS Management Features
- NOS Security Features
- Network Essentials for Servers
Lesson 4: Exploring the Server Storage System
- Examine Storage Devices Used for Servers
- Exploring IDE and SCSI
- Describe RAID
- Explore NAS Implementations
- Explore SAN Implementations
Lesson 5: Installing the Server Hardware
- Identify the Best Practices in Server Hardware Installation
- Install Hardware Components on a Server
- Verify Server Installation
- Install a Server in a Network Environment
Lesson 6: Configuring Servers
- NOS Installation and Verification
- Install System Monitoring Agents and Service Tools
- Server Configuration Documentation
Lesson 7: Examining the Issues in Upgrading Server Components
- Examine an Upgrade Checklist
- Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Hardware
- Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Software
Lesson 8: Examining Servers in an IT Environment
- Industry Best Practices for Server Installation and Maintenance
- Server Security and Access Methods
Lesson 9: Troubleshooting Servers
- Examine the Troubleshooting Theory and Methodologies
- Troubleshoot Server Hardware Problems
- Troubleshoot Server Software Problems
- Troubleshoot Server Network Problems
- Troubleshoot Server Storage Device Problems
Lesson 10: Exploring Disaster Recovery Conceptsand Methodologies
- Examine Disaster Recovery Plans
- Implement Disaster Recovery Methodologies
- Implement Replication Methods
Who Should Attend
The CompTIA® Server+® certification exam is targeted at IT professionals, network support technicians, and server hardware specialists having 18-24 months of experience in the information technology industry and hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware.
- A+ Certification - Operating Systems
- Network+ Certification (Second Edition)