ITIL® Lifecycle - Service Design (SD)
18 MAR 2019-21 MAR 2019 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (4 Days)
This 4-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Design phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Design stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Upon completion of this course and examination, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Design principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Design processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Design processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Design and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Design performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Design
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Design
The Service Design Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Design stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals working in or new to a Service Design environment who require and understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of design activities within the Service Lifecycle.
ITIL® and IT Infrastructure Library® are (registered) trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.